vasárnap, december 12, 2010

The Merkin Project

Hi everyone. You may have noticed that the new Corvin pages failed to materialize here lately. The reason is for this is - apart from really taking the time to plan the madly exciting action sequence of the next few pages - can be seen below. Perhaps I need to explain how it came into being.



Quite a while ago at an evening out with friends somebody remarked how cool it is that the British have a word for 'artificial pubic hair'. The next day I did some internet research about this thing called merkin and thought it would be a good excuse for a comic in the light of what I found. For those with a further interest in merkins http://www.merkinworld.com/ provides extensive background information.
And now behold the comic itself (I also plan to colour it soon, but was too eager to show something for my dear audience):



FélkövérText for non-Hungarian speakers:
Page 1
panel 2: HiYa, Sue!
p 3: Fiii darling! Long time no see!
p 4 Sue: What can I do for you?
Fiona: I hear that older blokes are mad about merkins these days. You have any?
p5 Sue: Course we do! The coolest merkins of London are right there.
p6 Fiona: Oh dear, you need to put these there? ...Right, I'll try on one or two.
Page 2
p1 Sue: How does it fit?
Fiona: I'm not sure... Will you have a look?
p2 Sue: Oh it's a fab piece! Fits you perfectly.
Fiona: Reallyy? I'll buy it then!
p3: Sue: That'll be twenty pounds, please. Who's the lucky guy by the way?
Fiona: I've been seeing Lord Cleveland lately. Hope this thingie will make him even more eager....
p4 Sue: Lord Cleveland... OHMYGOSH! ...I mean, I heard he's quite into it.
p5: Fiona: Then I'll surely let him see it. Bye and thanks a million, sweetie!
Sue: Bye darling! I'm rooting for you soo much!
p6: Sue: Just you wait sweetie! Actually Lord Cleveland is crazy for this kind of merkin. It's time I give him a buzzer and get him to date me!


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése