csütörtök, december 31, 2020

Good Riddance 2020, Ye Fucker - salvaging(?) a non-blogging year, Part 1

Yeah, it just wasn't happening blogging-wise during this wretched year. Not even because of Covid - in fact this blog has been dragging its feet for a couple of years now. Guess the reason for that is the lack of response, to be honest. The year's artistic output was decent though, so I'll put the finer ones up here anyway before midnight. Then we'll see what next year brings... Maybe it's time to move over to Instagram?



Something Corvin-related to kick it off. Palatine Gara,one of the lesser antagonists (at least for the time being), decidedly drawn in the style of José Luis-Munuera, the sole creator of the awesome Les Campbell comics series.

Since we're talking Corvin, let me firmly state that Book 3 is in the works. Being made in the usual not-so-superfast pace, but I think it will be fine. Especially if I can figure out the middle part I'm getting into right now. Here's a preview of the first couple of pages:


So, as the title character would say: "Onwards, till we finally meet those rascal Ottomans!"




Getting back to the year's illustration chronology, the next one was made for a sad occasion. Albert Uderzo, one of the greatest comic book artists passed away at the end of March. I drew this sad, drinking Asterix as a tribute to him.




Now for something lighter: the above mentioned Campbells all-ages pirate comic is really tons of fun, and inspired me to fanart its notorious troublemaker, Carapepino, among a few other characters.



One of spring's definite artistic community highlights was the Six Fanarts Challenge, that sprode through Facebook like a virus (sorry...) in April. I certainly did my own version based on friends' suggestions. The two characters next to the Witcher are from Bone, my all-time favourite comic book, which was very happy to see finally being translated to Hungarian this year (even though and alas it was not translated by me :D)

Next up,something kinda curious. It is not everyday that one draws Cupid dressed up as a nomadic Hungarian warrior shooting his arrow backwards, but when 5th graders are faced with such visual terror in their school textbook, then there is not much else left to do (click link at your own risk) https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10220236169392045&set=a.10203671740691680   




The last piece for this Part 1 is pretty intimate, and guess it's mildly mature content as well. Anyway, I had a long and a little unconventional relationship with a special lady, which ended suddenly and without warning last October. Perhaps naturally, it took me quite a while to process the ending. This thing below was part of that. Not sure if it's good at all, but it's puts the intimacy out there, which I thought was important at the time. Of course, a good and honest conversation works a lot better, and we finally succeeded in doing that not long ago. 
Anyway, the women in the background are hommages to my great illustrator friend Dou d'Ache, whose work my lady friend is also fond of.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése