hétfő, február 23, 2009

Corvin: a graphic novel/ short story / something






Starting page

George: So how did all that turmoil start in the village?

Page 1

Panel 1

Colin: I didn’t let them harass the girl. It’s not on where we come from.

Panel 2

Pip: And concerning the wine, we usually settle these situations by meaningful discussion back home.

George: Great customs you have. However, you’d better not discuss anything with Count Ulrik’s thugs unless you have a weapon.

Colin: So far I thought you were all up against the Turks.

George: That would be an improvement.

Panel 4

George: Tomorrow we’re leaving early and going on through the forest. It takes longer but safer.

Ulrik: Not for sure, Mister George. Your new friends have caused me enough trouble already.

Panel 5

Ulrik: Time to take care of this business. (to the butler) Get me Kaspar!

Panel 6

Ulrik: I’ll give you one more chance. Take your men and bring those three here.

Kaspar: We’ll do our best, Sire.

Ulrik: I highly recommend that. Don’t bother to return here without them.

Panel 7

Butler: Do you want your herbal tea, my lord?

Ulrik: Of course. I won’t let those scoundrels give me stomach pain.

Page 2

Panel 1

George: Wake up, sleepyheads! Time to go!

Pip: Now? It’s hardly even dawning.

Panel 2

Pip: (Yawn!) I could have used a coffee. And a bite for breakfast too.

George: Oh, give me a break…

Panel 3

George: You’re such splendid company! One is daydreaming all the time and the other can’t stop criticizing. Wait till we get to Lord Corvin…

Pip: I wouldn’t mind being there already! I’m feeling like a target here.

Panel 4

Kaspar: Will they ever get here…?

Panel 5

Thug1: It’s getting darn hot!

Panel 6

Thug 1: Anyways, lying in wait in bushes is not in our contract if I remember well.

Kaspar: What contract? The deal was that the Count doesn’t have us hanged if we work for him. Which reminds me, have we got the rope?

Thug 2: Sure, I do.

Panel 7

Kaspar: Awesome. Tie ‘em up real tight, especially the little pipsqueak and his sad-faced pal.

We cannot fail this time!


Page 3

Panel 1

George: Also, you’ll have the chance to tell him what business you actually have around here.

Colin: Well, that might take up some of his time…

Panel 2

Kaspar: Stop, in the name of Count Ulrik!

Panel 3

Pip: What are we gonna do now?

George: You’re the smart guy, think of something!

Panel 4

Kaspar: No tricks, please. Kindly get off the cart so that we can tie you up. The Count can’t wait to see you.

Panel 5

Pip: Certainly, at once. Can I ask you a riddle first?

Panel 6

Kaspar: What?! You’ll regret it if you’re taking the piss.

Thug 1: Wait, wait! You know how much I love riddles!

Panel 7

Kaspar: Fine. You have one minute.

Panel 8

Pip: Right away: “Who says my name, destroys me immediately!”


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése